- Category: Technology
- Type: Permanent
- Salary: GBP 55000 to 85000 Annual
- Job Reference: SD/25250
- Consultant: email@example.com
Software Development Manager, Surrey, Up to £85k + package
Software Development Manager, Greenfield, Change, Transformation, Agile, Platform, Investment, Azure, MS Dynamics Power Platform, Microsoft technologies
Launching a new global cloud based product, building the entire development team from embryonic stage to success and everything else associated with a senior leadership role, within a global brand, must surely be the ambition of every Software Development Manager out there…
Well here you go…
This global giant are offering a rare opportunity to join them in a greenfield environment of technical change and transformation. This is an exciting growth period where they are building a team to develop a scalable and efficient platform based around Azure and the MS Dynamics Power platform. The company design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital. An Investment, Pensions or Insurance background is desirable and will give candidates an advantage.
You’ll be joining an official microsoft partner, a company that is steeped in history and passionate about delivering modern technology solutions to their clients around the world.
Candidates for this role will need to be able to demonstrate proven experience of:
- Delivering in a greenfield environment of change and transformation
- Agile working; The application of highly agile processes – controlling stand-ups, interations, back logs etc.
- Managing global 3rd party vendors;
- Responsible for team & vendor cohesion, coordination and communication
- Building high calibre technical teams:
- Recruitment – growing a department towards 20/30 people within first 18 months, scalable to 50/60
- Development and Retention – Working with recruitment agencies, mentoring staff, indentifying & organising training etc
- Developing new tech platforms. Working alongside talented engineers, architects, product managers etc
- Proven experience with MS Azure or other cloud technology
You will be responsible for:
- The provision of reporting progress, risks, opportunities and next steps for each work stream in the project.
- Oversight and monitoring development, QA, governance, recoomending improvements. To facilitate a culture of Continuous Improvement.
- Project trouble shooting
- Overseeing provision of final line technical support
Skills & Requirements:
- Proactive, tenacious, motivational and collaborative leadership skills, with a track-record in leading them to success.
- Excellent communication skills; your team, software engineers, business leaders, vendors and users.
- Understanding of software engineering principles and characteristics of a project; high performance; scalable; easily maintainable; extensible; and easy to test and debug.
- Delivering complex software products by means of an evolutionary lifecycle process.
- Requirements analysis, the role of architecture in a complex software project, OO software development, QA principles, test automation, installation and deployment techniques, and software support principles.
- Previous experience of working with and/or implementing investment management systems is highly advantageous
- Previous programming experience in any of VB, C++, C#
- Knowledge of various Microsoft products, for example, SharePoint, VSTS, TFS, SQL Server, .Net
Software development manager, Greenfield, Change, Transformation, Agile, Platform, Investment, Azure, MS Dynamics Power Platform, Microsoft technologies
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.
How to apply
If this position is of interest please send us your CV here, or you can call Stuart Daniel direct on 01892 507 138 to discuss this and other vacancies that may suit.