- Category: Technology
- Type: Permanent
- Salary: GBP 50000 to 65000 Annual
- Job Reference: SD/24963
- Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Software Architect, upto £65k – Reigate
Software Architect, Application, Software, Technical Architect, Pensions, Insurance, Financial Services, Banking, Unix, Linux, Oracle, SDLC, Software Development Life Cycle, C, C++, Pro*C
Is it time for your next challenge? How does a market leading global company offering stability and amazing career progression opportunities sound?
This opportunity is for an experienced Linux / Unix Oracle Architect & requires a passion for technical design, development, problem solving, and the ability to learn new concepts quickly.
Responsible for the design, development and maintenance of existing Pensions Administration System as well as external client facing self-service administration system. Apply your skills as a member of a focused, technically competent development team that prides themselves on excellence.
The role involves:-
* Building a comprehensive understanding of Linux, Unix and Oracle applications, systems and infrastructure across the organization.
* Superb communication skills – with clients, key stakeholders and development teams on technical solutions.
* Provide engineering support on Oracle, UNIX and application issues.
* Installation and configuration of software.
* Leading on new technical integration projects ensuring best practices, standards and software development policies are upheld, improved.
The successful candidate will have considerable experience in Unix and Oracle and will have a background in software development and architecture. The candidate will need to understand the whole stack from operating systems, databases, web servers, configuration management, and architecture and software development.
The essential skills/experience for this position are:
* Proven experience as an Oracle Architect with Unix (Linux/AIX)
* Expert knowledge of the full SDLC and methods (Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.)
* Experience of web concepts and web servers (e.g. Apache, Nginx, Open source).
Other highly desirable skills are;
* C and/or Pro*C programming skills, oracle DBA experience
* Performance tuning, Web application security, Java containers such as Web logic/Tomcat
* Scripting languages e.g. Python, PHP and Perl.
* Git / Jenkins
Please send your CV for immediate consideration
How to apply
If this position is of interest please send us your CV here, or you can call Stuart Daniel direct on 01892 507 138 to discuss this and other vacancies that may suit.