- Category: Public Sector
- Type: Permanent
- Salary: GBP 37750 to 43772 Annual
- Job Reference: KAM/SB/HQ00025527
- Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org
C#, ASP.NET, Engineer, Developer, Senior Developer, NHS, NHS Digital, Software Engineer, Programming, Coding, Agile, Scrum, Development, GIT, Microsoft SQL, Database, Enterprise, Modelling, CI, Continuous improvement
£37,750 – £43,772 & Benefits
Are you passionate about technology? Do you want to help your NHS evolve? We are looking for keen problem solvers who like to be challenged and want to be the ‘go to’ person for their specialism. You will be advising and delivering on specialist requirements for the whole trust, facing varying challenges and putting your extensive skills to the test.
This is an opportunity to join an organisation which has been responsible in delivering mental health services to over 1.7 million people. You will be based within their South East Kent office and, as the Senior Developer, you will be leading the design, development, integration, maintenance and support of interfaces and systems. Whilst also working as part of a team providing in-house systems development capabilities to ensure delivery on time and to specification.
You will be required to work alongside the ICT consultant approving projects, setting milestones and ensuring these are achieved in a timely manner. Communication will also be key when liaising with operational leads, key stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers, ensuring they are informed of all progress, risks and issues.
You will be able to analyse, design and document functional specification (user stories). Providing system designs and recommendations on tools and suggested approaches which are peer reviewed and approved by the ICT Consultant prior to commencement. Following this you will be able to design, build and support optimised relational databases, regularly reviewing and ensuring continuous improvement.
Overall you will be providing in-depth technical consultancy whilst being aware of security and data protection, mentor junior staff, be flexible within a changing environment and ensure the delivery of high-quality solutions.
- Educated to a Masters Level or have gained equivalent experience.
- 3+ years providing expert systems support, advice and guidance covering a wide variety of systems within large complex organisations.
- Ability to design and build interfaces
- Awareness of information Governance policies and obligations including Data Protection Act and patient confidentiality.
- Excellent problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- 3+ years working with relational databases in MS SQL
- 3+ years of C#, ASP.NET, GIT
- Ability to build databases using database definition language
- Experience using data modelling techniques
- Agile/ Scrum/ Kanban
- Awareness of the NHS Digital Information Governance Toolkit
- Experience using ITIL
- Previous experience within NHS and exposure to Healthcare systems
- Exposure to integration engines FHIR/HL7, XML, CDA, MESH, ITK, XML, API
- Experience of Xamarin for developing Mobile applications
- Experience of ASP.NET MVC for developing web applications.
- 27 days annual leave + 8 days general bank holiday
- Competitive pension scheme of up to 14% employer contribution
- Work life balance – Understanding of flexible working or special leave
- Excellent training and development
- Trust-wide awards event recognising staff and volunteers
- Annual flu vaccine
- Showcasing their talent at prestigious national awards such as Health Service Journal
- Staff MOTs supporting your physical and mental health with health advice and monitoring
- National and local NHS discounts for staff and families
If your looking for the next big step in your career whilst making a difference in the lives of others, then send your CV for immediate consideration.
How to apply
If this position is of interest please send us your CV here, or you can call direct on to discuss this and other vacancies that may suit.