- Category: Pharma
- Type: Permanent
- Salary: EUR 70000 to 100000 Annual
- Job Reference: LP SA Dublin
- Consultant: email@example.com
Job title: Senior Accountant, Europe
Industry: Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical Industry
Location: Dublin 2 based
Salary: Please call +441892 507141 to discuss base Salary.
Company Benefits are; Car Allowance, Stock Options, Bonus, Healthcare, Life Assurance, Pension and other company perks
Join an exciting new US headquartered biotech that is setting-up a European finance function in Dublin. This is a rare opportunity to be a founding member of the new finance team.
We are looking for an experienced and qualified individual who has gained European/multinational accounting experience.
In this position you will report to the Director Finance & Accounting for Europe and you will be the second permanent hire into the European finance function.
A unique challenge will be to transition the Accounts Payable, Payroll, monthly close and credit card functions to Europe, working closely with US headquarter colleagues and the teams across Europe.
- Responsibility for the Accounts Payable function and vendor management process in EU territories
- Responsibility for management and proactive support of local payroll processing in EU territories
- Liaise with HR to ensure payroll have all necessary information
- Responsibility for administration of company credit cards in EU territories
- Preparation and reconciliation of all VAT and payroll tax returns
- Responsibility for completion of inter-company reconciliations and final resolution of all queries/mismatches within month end reporting time-frame
- Active participation in month end close process including preparation and posting of journals as required
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations within month end close time frame
- Adherence to management reporting and budgeting deadlines with high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Execution of responsibilities to ensure the control environment is operating effectively
- Provide ongoing support and assistance to internal, external and SOX auditors
- Active participation in budgeting process as required
- Active participation in and support of ad-hoc projects and tasks as they arise
- Any supplemental information required for internal and external financial reporting
- Operate in a function that is customer service oriented and a partner to the business
Required qualification and experience
- Proven experience in-line with the above responsibilities
- Business Partner mindset and collaborative approach
- Team player and problem solver
- Commercial/Business mindset
- Appreciation of continuous improvement
- Highly organised
- Ability to work under pressure and independently
- Some previous managerial experience
- ACA (ICAEW), ACCA (Chartered Certified Accountants), CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) or equivalent
- Previous experience within a Biotech, Pharmaceutical or Clinical/Contract Research Organisation
- Any additional European languages would be beneficial
Any reference to salary is a guide salary set by the agency. Our client is open to negotiation for the right candidate and will be guided by the market. Please contact Lorna to discuss this in further detail.
If this role matches your skills and you are keen to hear more, please apply here or contact me on +44(0)1892 507141 or Lorna@bluepelican.com or my LinkedIn profile of https://www.linkedin.com/in/lorna-plowright-7b065562
How to apply
If this position is of interest please send us your CV here, or you can call Lorna direct on 01892507141 to discuss this and other vacancies that may suit.