- Category: Technology
- Type: Permanent
- Salary: GBP 31000 to 37000 Annual
- Job Reference: SD/25014
- Consultant: email@example.com
Mortgage Underwriter – Milton Keynes £31k – £37k
Mortgage, Underwriter, Residential, Commercial, BTL, Buy-to-let, Brokers, Intermediaries, Milton Keynes
An exciting and new mortgage operation located a business park on the outskirts of Milton Keynes is hiring… As a world-leading real estate expert combining international financial expertise, state-of-the-art facilities and the latest technology to provide a full digital solution, they are well positioned to swiftly become the UK’s market leader.
This is your chance to become one of the first to join the combined residential & commercial underwriting team, opportunities to progress your career swiftly are all there for the taking!
As part of the Lending team, you will be responsible for working with Brokers / Intermediaries to ensure effective processing of all Residential & BTL mortgage applications.
This role will suit someone who takes a risk-based approach to their underwriting and has pride in the work they do. You will own the process from application stage to loan offer. You can build a picture of the case you are working on by reviewing the documentation. Maybe there are a few missed transactions on a statement – you should think about what that means to your case. Have an interest in it, if you suspect somethings not right, maybe a possible fraud you should have an inquisitive and investigative mindset. You’ll escalate it but stay involved – did it turn out to be fraudulent, what was the issue and how was it resolved? You need to be a professional mortgage underwriter.
Additionally, to ensure all financial, quality, regulatory, responsible lending and service requirements are maintained.
It is an exciting role and will provide you with a variety of tasks such as:
Skills and Experience:
- You will need approx. 2-4 years’ + experience as an underwriter with experience of mortgage underwriting, the mortgage intermediary market, its products and processes.
- Proven experience of underwriting a non-retail entity / professional client, corporate structure, ltd companies.
- Underwriting skills within the buy to let and/or residential sector
- Demonstrate understanding of TCF and responsible lending, financial crime policies and awareness of regulatory and legislation knowledge (regulated financial services environment)
- Application scoring
- Understanding credit referencing reports
- Risk aware – MCOB. KYC & Fraud awareness.
- CeMap – Desirable
Education and Qualifications:
Ideally you will be educated to degree level and / or have appropriate professional qualifications to be considered. We will also consider all those qualified by experience as a professional mortgage underwriter.
For immediate consideration please send your CV or call 01892 507138 to discuss further.
How to apply
If this position is of interest please send us your CV here, or you can call Stuart Daniel direct on 01892 507 138 to discuss this and other vacancies that may suit.