- Category: Public Sector
- Type: Permanent
- Salary: GBP 42313 to 47705 Annual
- Job Reference: KHN/JS/HQ00024737
- Consultant: email@example.com
Microsoft Server Specialist
NHS South West London
Microsoft, Engineer, Infrastructure, NHS, Windows Server, Server Management, Virtualisation, VMware, Scripting, Powershell, System Development, GIT, Enterprise, Active Directory, AD, Multi-Server, TCP/IP, Network Security, Solutions, Configuration, ITIL, MS SQL, VBscript
£42,313- £47,705 Basic Salary
£5,000 Annual Retention Bonus
£3,000 Training Budget
Do you want to be part of an Outstanding Team? Do you want to face challenges daily and use your expert knowledge to make a difference in the lives of others? An NHS organisation in South West London is looking for a highly developed Specialist to join their Server and Network Support Team. You will be supporting the Information and Technology services needed to provide excellent clinical care to up 350,000 people which the Trust supports.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to put your extensive technical knowledge of Windows Server operating systems, active directory and in-depth knowledge of infrastructure security and networking to good use, whilst contributing to one of the largest organisations within the UK. This role will require you to develop Microsoft technology-based solutions and resolve complex technical problems involving Windows and its interactions with hardware and other software daily. You will be working on significant aspects of the installation, upgrades, operations, control, maintenance and effective use of Microsoft Server Services, physical and virtual for the communication for Data, voice, text or images.
This role would be ideal for someone who can work independently from the offset whilst also being able to work as part of a team. You will also have the opportunity to identify your own training and development needs. The ideal candidate will be able to provide high quality, timely solutions whilst also being aware of Data Protection.
- Degree level in a technical subject, IT-related NVQ (Level 4) or equivalent qualification.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or series of Microsoft Certified Professional qualification aligned with the role or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist certification in Microsoft Server platform related disciplines
- Experience of working in a technical role within a large, complex data communications /server management environment of 2500+ User and 75+ servers.
- Proficiency in configuration and change management (ITIL)
- Strong experience of scripting technologies such as PowerShell & VBscript, proficient knowledge of MS SQL database technologies.
- Ability to take innovative approaches to problem solving and devise inventive and creative solutions.
- Expert technical knowledge of Windows Server operating systems, storage technology, active directory, and in-depth knowledge of infrastructure security and networking.
- Extensive hands-on experience of delivering and supporting Virtual Server and Virtual Desktop Infrastructures in a Microsoft Active Directory multi-server operating environment.
- Strong ability to plan, schedule and monitor own work and work of others within an extended time horizon, using applicable methods, procedures tools, equipment and standards effectively with only occasional reference to Management.
- £5,000 Annual Retention Bonus
- £3,000 Annual Training Budget
- 27 days annual leave + 8 days Bank holiday
- Onsite Nursery for children between 3 months and 5 years
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Free health screening and flu jabs
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee awards
- NHS staff discounts
For immediate consideration to be part of an outstanding team, send your CV now.
How to apply
If this position is of interest please send us your CV here, or you can call direct on to discuss this and other vacancies that may suit.