- Category: Pharma
- Type: Permanent
- Salary: GBP 55000 to 65000 Annual
- Job Reference: JR 25435
- Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job title; Medical Science Liaison – Rare Diseases
Location; National role
If you’re an experienced MSL with any kind of disease area background or you’re passionate about getting a role as an MSL and you come to the table with a great qualification and experience around Rare Diseases or Stem Cell, we should be speaking as I’m handling a great opportunity.
My client is the UK sales and marketing affiliate for a well-established research based global pharma company with a great reputation. They work across multiple disease areas and are well known for their established and emerging respiratory portfolio. They also have a great reputation for supporting aspirants to industry offering full training and support for people with the right background and attitude.
The role is a classic example of its type -This is a National role and responsible for field based, non-promotional customer engagement activities across their Rare Disease portfolio.
Examples of duties include, but are not limited to;
- Provide field-based non-promotional medical and scientific expertise with the aim of providing high quality, accurate and timely scientific advice to healthcare professionals
- To make a meaningful contribution to the company’s overall medical strategy through the provision of key insights gained from external customers / thought leaders
- Develop non promotional, high quality relationships with the scientific community to promote legitimate scientific exchange through peer to peer interactions
- Support Investigator Initiated trials
- Attend and contribute to internal and external events (congresses, symposia, advisory boards etc)
- Provide internal training.
This is an amazing opportunity for a well-qualified expert who’s actively seeking an entry to industry as an MSL. Our client has a strong heritage in hiring and developing MSLs in their first role in industry. As well as that they have a great reputation across the board as an employer and ethical business with strong ongoing career development opportunities (into final signatory / medical management roles for example).
I’m really keen to hear from both experienced MSLs and Aspirants for this role.
If you’re an aspirant you must be able to demonstrate;
- A genuine passion for the role of MSL and a good narrative as to why you are aiming for this career.
- A strong education, ideally PhD or UK registered pharmacist. It is highly unlikely that an aspirant without this level of qualification would be taken forward.
- A strong background in Rare Disease’s OR Stem Cell OR Ophthalmology
Please do not apply for this role if you have a general aspiration to get into industry – I’m only looking for experienced MSLs or people who are focused on becoming an MSL and have taken steps towards achieving this.
**Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK**
For further information please email your Word formatted CV in application to:
Resourcer – Blue Pelican Pharma
01892 507 134
How to apply
If this position is of interest please send us your CV here, or you can call Jack Relfe direct on 01892 507 134 to discuss this and other vacancies that may suit.