- Category: Public Sector
- Type: Contract
- Job Reference: HCC/SB/HQ00025622
- Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Government, Infrastructure, Engineer, Project, Windows Server, Configure, Citrix, Scripting, PowerShell, Active Directory, DNS, Firewalls, Microsoft, Messaging, CCA, Office 365, VMware, Virtualisation, Virtualised, Exchange, Management, SharePoint, Networking
Are you looking for the opportunity to join a large complex organisation? Do you have the skills to manage multiple projects and ensure effective delivery? We are looking for an experienced and highly skilled Infrastructure Engineer to join a local government for a 3- 4-month initial contract. You will be working alongside Project managers to ensure the smooth running and delivery of high-quality technical projects.
The role will require you to ensure delivery to defined timescales, ensure project objectives are met and effectively communicate and manage project expectations to stakeholders. You will be expected to create high quality technical designs, implementation documentation, disaster recovery and hand over to support teams. Liaising with suppliers and ensuring issue resolution is essential. Some guidance and support may be required by junior members of staff.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot a variety of Windows Server operating systems (Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows Server 2016)
- Office 365 Deployment and Management (including SharePoint, Exchange Online and Yammer)
- Windows 10
- Comfortable with PowerShell scripting (ideally at an advanced level)
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory and related technologies: – AD DS, Group Policy, DNS
- At least a basic knowledge of AD CS
- DFS-R and DFS-N
- At least CCA level knowledge of Citrix technologies (XenApp and XenDesktop) with experience of delivering apps and desktop in a thin client environment
- Good understanding of Virtualisation concepts with strong working knowledge of VMware ESXi
- Knowledge of Windows images and app deployment solutions like SCCM is advantageous
- Good understanding of the Microsoft messaging stack – Exchange, Skype for Business
- Understanding of networking fundamentals (routing, firewalls, load balancers, VLANs, network teaming, PXE, DNS and DHCP)
If your looking for a challenging role which will put your skills to the test, send your CV for immediate consideration.
How to apply
If this position is of interest please send us your CV here, or you can call direct on to discuss this and other vacancies that may suit.