- Category: Legal
- Type: Permanent
- Salary: GBP 120000 to 150000 Annual
- Job Reference: JF25038
- Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Legal – Asset Management firm, London.
Growing, dynamic, leading edge asset management firm are are seeking a dynamic Head of Legal to lead a team of 5 lawyers.
This is a senior level position to manage and mitigate the legal risks associated with building and running of the business. This includes the coordination and implementation of the necessary preventative internal controls to remain in compliance with rules and regulations in place.
The role will involve:
- Supervise and manage the legal team (which is a combination of qualified lawyers, paralegal support, external consultants, secondees and administrative support) currently based in the UK and US
- Manage and supervise the legal on-boarding process for a wide range of managers and service providers with a particular focus on negotiating the material contracts associated with these appointments
- Oversee and drive the development of launch templates to be used in the launch process
- Enhance existing launch procedures
- Develop a framework and work closely with Compliance to develop the appropriate regulatory know-how
- Establish a strong working relationship with the office of the General Counsel
- Set the agenda for know-how management and internal training
Successful applicants will be UK Qualified Solicitors with demonstrable post-qualification investment/funds legal experience, preferably with a leading law firm or a reputable asset management or investment advisory firm.
Proven, recent experience of managing a legal team (at least 3 years management experience) is essential.
Extensive knowledge of offshore funds business especially Irish Funds, UCIT’s & AIFMD (experience of the US market a plus).
Experience with working with various UK & EMEA wide regulatory bodies a plus.
Ability to work with senior management in a clear and confident manner.
Experience in reviewing and negotiating a wide range of fund and constitutional documentation and other investment related agreements.
A good understanding of a wide variety of investment fund vehicles.
In return you will get a competitive basic salary, along with a potential bonus of up to 40%, the total package being in excess of £200k+.
You will also get a professional yet friendly and flexible working environment including a work/life balance culture including remote working.
How to apply
If this position is of interest please send us your CV here, or you can call direct on to discuss this and other vacancies that may suit.