- Category: Pharma
- Type: Permanent
- Salary: GBP 70000 to 90000 Annual
- Job Reference: LP HoBI
- Consultant: email@example.com
Head of Business Intelligence, Planning and Processes – Pharmaceutical industry
Newly created vacancy in Surrey/South West London, UK
Working for a global pharmaceutical company, this role has been created to in order to align strategies, planning and processes across three divisions within the business. A central part of this position is the use of Business Intelligence to drive proactive, strategic decision making in a ‘joined-up’ manner across these divisions.
This is an interesting mix of a Business Intelligence/Market Intelligence position coupled with portfolio planning (existing and new product development, licensing, acquisition). This requires a strong commercial mindset and prior experience in BI or MI.
Job Title: Head of Business Intelligence, Planning and Processes
Salary: £70’000 – £90’000 (GUIDE SALARY ONLY)
Benefits: 25% bonus, Life Assurance, Pension, 27 days holiday
Location: Surrey/South West London
This is an interesting opportunity where you will utilise your Business Intelligence skills, as well as providing insight-led direction relating to existing and new assets.
You will be responsible for:
- Extensive experience of working within the pharmaceutical industry, with experience of working within its services sector being advantageous
- Previous experience in a market intelligence/business intelligence role with sound commercial awareness
- Create processes and systems for business strategy, planning and product prioritization
- Ensure KPI’s are visible, reviewed regularly and that output and goals are achieved, flagging any issues and taking actions to resolve
- Support divisional heads with 3-year forecasts, ensuring revenue targets are linked to the strategy and pipeline
- Design and implement a process for identification and prioritisation of ‘target assets’
- Identify opportunities to harmonise processes that develop a better overall customer experience. Work with unit heads to leverage these opportunities, allowing for scale up as needed
- Work closely with the HR to identify required resources and look to place team members to help progress the team and overall progress
- Ensure that the latest industry and Pharma insights in order to win more business and develop new solutions. Link external industry trends to internal insights, enabling competitive advantage through the pipeline of treatments, services and conversions across the lifecycle
- Identify and leverage business opportunities where there are links across CTS and potential license agreements for unlicensed and licensed medicines, driving forward with collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure we are linking to one set of numbers across the division (business and market KPIs)
- Be identified as a high performing leader within the organization
List search terms: Market intelligence, Business intelligence, Unlicensed Medicines, Product portfolio, BI, MI, Analysis, Analytical, In-license, Invest, Divest, Business development, Planning, Process, Commercial excellence, Commercial intelligence, Landscape analysis, Competitor intelligence, competitive intelligence
If this role is of interest to you and you have proven experience within an opportunity like this in the Pharmaceutical/Clinical Research/Biotechnology industry please click to apply or contact Lorna on +44(0)1892 507141 or Lorna@bluepelican.com
How to apply
If this position is of interest please send us your CV here, or you can call Lorna direct on 01892507141 to discuss this and other vacancies that may suit.