- Category: Technology
- Type: Permanent
- Salary: GBP 50000 to 70000 Annual
- Job Reference: SD/24031
- Consultant: email@example.com
Database Architect, Reigate. Package £70k – £85k p/a
Database, Database Architect, Architecture, Oracle, Unix, Design Reviews, Code Reviews, Insurance, Best Practices, Global company, World leader, Agile, Scrum, Data Analysis, Data Modelling, Data Integration, Data Warehousing, Database Design, Data Warehouse
Working with thousands of clients across the globe, including most of the fortune global and FTSE firms this company create innovative software solutions that make a genuine impact on their clients businesses.
This Database Architecture role primarily has an internal focus, developing solutions that meet the needs of the overall business.
They are a world leading provider of technology solutions with over 250 employees in the UK alone, tens of thousands across the world. By joining them you’ll get opportunities to work on cutting-edge software, varied technology stacks within an Agile & Scrum methodology.
You’ll enjoy structured career development, performance rewards with annual bonuses, ability to transfer teams and/or countries and the chance to gain experience with new products and other technologies being used in the business.
Life at this global giant is continually evolving… You can feel the energy and inspiration coming out of the meeting rooms and running down their hallways. It’s in everything they do and in everyone that works there.
In this role you will evaluate and improve existing database structures and play a crucial role in creating evolutionary database models for current and future products.
You will analyse an array of product offerings and business requirements working with the product development teams to evaluate and identify solutions that meet the needs of the business, utilising industry standard best practices and creative design techniques to overcome complex business and technical challenges
- Work with the Senior Database Architect to define database architectures and communicate those designs to business and engineering partners
- Analyse existing data design and suggest improvements that promote performance, stability and interoperability
- Work with product management and business SME’s to translate business requirements into good database design
- Provide database architecture leadership & lead projects
- Maintain the governance model on the database architecture through training, design reviews, code reviews, and progress reviews
- Participate in the development of Database Architecture and road maps
- Establish and maintain database architecture standards and best practices
- Evaluate emerging technology and tools
- Strong experience in databases, tools and methodologies
- Data Analysis, Data Modelling, Data Integration, Data Warehousing, Database Design
- Experience with database performance evaluation and remediation
- Ability to design and develop Databases, Data Warehouses and Multidimensional Databases
- SQL development experience (PL/SQL, Views, Stored Procedures, Indexes)
- Experience with browser based web applications delivered over the Internet that support high user concurrency
- Experience working with large relational databases
- Ability to develop database strategies for flexible high performance reporting and business intelligence
- Agile Scrum Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent communication skills
- Some functional knowledge in any of the following areas is hugely advantageous: Pension, Payroll & Accounting Administrations systems
Please send your CV for immediate consideration. What are you waiting for? We’re looking forward to working with you.
How to apply
If this position is of interest please send us your CV here, or you can call Stuart Daniel direct on 01892 507 138 to discuss this and other vacancies that may suit.