- Category: Pharma
- Type: Permanent
- Salary: GBP 40000 to 50000 Annual
- Job Reference: TM/25570Analyst
- Consultant: Tom@bluepelican.com
Business Performance & Market Analyst (pharmaceutical or FMCG experience preferred)
Role created due to internal promotion
Surrey/South West London
Working for a Global Pharmaceutical business in a key role; Market Analyst. This role is crucial for supporting the product team in forecasting, planning, tracking and analysing business performance. The role will work closely with several stakeholders across the business to provide insight and enable business decisions through modelling and data analytics.
This is a rapidly-growing global specialty pharmaceutical and services company with a unique combination of businesses. Their divisions operate in a complex global regulatory environment and ensure that vital medicines are delivered securely, on time and wherever they are needed in the world.
The successful candidate will work across the current speciality product portfolio at a global level to support the company mission.
Job Title: Market Analyst
Salary: Guide of £45’000 depending upon experience +/-
Location: Surrey/South West London
You will be responsible for:
Sales & Operations Planning
- Collation and analysis of sales of pharmaceutical products across all operating companies and external partners across the globe.
- Working closely with finance to ensure consistent reporting and alignment of assumptions between demand models and finance models.
- In conjunction with Supply Chain and through the S&OP process ensure robust demand plan forecasts are available to maintain continuity of supply and minimize out of stocks.
- Development and maintenance of a reporting suite to monitor distributor performance vs contractual obligations and / or budgeted assumptions.
Financial Forecasting & Modelling
- In conjunction with the commercial management team build and maintain detailed market models for the product portfolio that can feed into strategic (3-5 year) and operational (1 year) plans for each of the products.
- Own and co-ordinate the formulation of key assumptions for the budgeting and forecasting process across the portfolio.
- Carry out scenario modelling and sensitivity analysis on the key assumptions driving the models for each of the products.
- Monthly analysis of sales performance vs budget highlighting any variances and / or change in key assumptions.
- Influence business decision making by providing insight into market sales trends using modelling and data analytics techniques.
Market intelligence & provision of data services
- Compile and submit quarterly sales data to the necessary regulatory bodies in the UK
- Provide ad-hoc analytical support to the commercial product team.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Highly numerate and financially astute
- 3 – 4 years of commercial analytical support
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical skills providing innovative solutions and able build and maintain complex market models across a range of products
- Experience in interpreting sales data, managing forecasts and feeding into budgeting processes.
- Previous experience of working in a commercial pharmaceutical product environment would be an advantage
- Previous experience of working in an international environment would be an advantage
- Self – starter, able to complete tasks and manage deadlines
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, to deadlines and with an attention to detail
- Demonstrate highly developed interpersonal skills, both written and verbal with an ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees across international markets
- Excellent communication / influencing skills
- Capable of building positive relationships with customers (internal & external), colleagues and relevant industry contacts
If this role is of interest to you and you have proven experience within an opportunity like this
please click to apply or contact Tom on +44(0)1892 507139 or Tom@bluepelican.com
The salary range is a guide only. Target salary c. £45’000 pa + 15% bonus.
How to apply
If this position is of interest please send us your CV here, or you can call Tom Midmore direct on 01892 507 139 to discuss this and other vacancies that may suit.