A rapidly expanding specialty pharmaceutical company based in Essex is seeking a strong communicator with excellent rapport building skills to work within their commercial and supply chain function as a Tender Executive.
Sometimes for various reasons some treatments just don’t fit in within a pharma company’s portfolio of products, therefore our client is focused in acquiring mature branded pharmaceutical treatments from larger companies in order to rejuvenate the brands and bring them to global markets.
As an important part of the business, your work will be focused in effecting and supporting all activities connected to the negotiation of tenders, optimizing performance and driving continuous development to meet customer (healthcare organisations/ Payors) needs.
About the role:
- Contribute to progressing the business as a market leader for pharmaceutical tenders and projects, whilst maintaining a sharp eye for new business opportunities, and being able to improve pricing strategies and delivering effective sales.
- Offer continued analysis of the tender negotiation process, from the preparation of documentation through to winning a tender contract.
- Prepare effective Quotation Request documents; this will typically include the products and their quantities, services available, supply chain and delivery deadlines, and terms and conditions.
- Arrange and prepare the final tender packages for submission to customers; this typically includes prepping technical docs, price negotiations, commercial literature and sample requirements.
- Each tender will have a specific timeline, it is important that a relevant schedule plan is produced in order to deliver products and service on the deadline time agreed.
- Liaise cross-functionally with supply chain, artwork team, and regulatory to ensure that stock is available for the agreed markets.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar field.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical sales in both the UK and Internationally.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- With an analytical mind-set you will be able to identify establishing trends and report on opportunities that could benefit the business. Advanced Excel skills is a bonus.
This is an office based role however international travel may be required.
If you feel your experience is in line with the requirements for this position please APPLY NOW or contact Mark Putley at Blue Pelican for further details.
How to apply
If this position is of interest please send us your CV here, or you can call 01892 507 100 to discuss this and other vacancies that may suit.