If you’re an experienced UK Medical or Scientific Advisor and you’d be interested in hearing about a genuinely unique opportunity with a niche orphan disease company I am very keen to talk to you.
We’re working with a global biotech company who have a very tight focus around the cardio metabolic orphan disease space. They cater to unmet medical needs and have a strong pipeline of marketed and close to market drugs and have a really exciting launch programme planned across a number of products.
Our client is at a very exciting time in their development having built a senior leadership team in the UK and Europe they are now looking for new colleagues to take the company to the next phase of their growth. Reporting to an established UK medical lead you’d have strong support and the opportunity to bring a lot of your own ideas and initiatives to the table.
Typical duties include but are not limited to
- Develop and maintain relationship with medical community and KOLs in the UK & ROI; this role is far more oriented towards education around the disease area than differentiation.
- Lead the delivery of Scientific Exchange Meetings e.g. advisory boards, congresses, symposia and one to one non promotional meetings with country thought leaders.
- Support evidence generation projects in UK & ROI
- Act as nominated medical signatory for promotional and non-promotional activities
- Provide in depth clinical and scientific information to external and internal stakeholders
What our client is looking for
- GMC registered Doctor or UK registered Pharmacist
- Understanding of drug development and hands on experience of the Medical Affairs function
- Previous experience of working with cardio metabolic products or orphan / ultra-orphan diseases would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge and experience of relevant legislation and codes of practice (ABPI) included having worked as a medical final signatory
- Previous experience in relationship and stakeholder management
- Excellent analytic and presentation skills
- Someone who is happy to work in a very lean, new organisation with minimal infrastructure currently. We’re looking for someone who is a self starter and capable of working under their own initiative.
The role will initially be home based and covers all of the UK and NI. Our client will be based in West London once they have their offices established and at that point there will be a mixture of office and home based working.
Our client offers a great working environment with great career development opportunities. They have an ethical culture that encourages creativity where your opinion will be sought and respected.
If the role sounds interesting and you’d like an informal, non committal conversation please get in touch.
Established in 2002 Blue Pelican is an REC accredited recruitment business providing interim and permanent solutions to life science clients on a pan European basis.
How to apply
If this position is of interest please send us your CV here, or you can call 01892 507 100 to discuss this and other vacancies that may suit.